Ready to remix the cheeseburger into something that’s still delicious but will fit in your diet? If so, you’re going LOVE these easy to make Low Carb Cheeseburger Bites that are PACKED with protein, keto friendly, and great for meal prep!
Start these cheeseburger bites by taking out a bowl big enough to mix all of your ingredients in.
Add into that bowl 1 pound of a lean ground beef, 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1 large whole egg, 2 tablespoons of a lower sugar ketchup, 2 teaspoons of mustard, 1/3 cup of your favorite cheese, 1/4 cup of a chopped white onion, and some optional bacon bits (I like to put these on top instead).
Don’t like or have lean ground beef on hand? Use ground chicken, turkey, pork, and so on!
Mix all of those ingredients up good.
Take out a baking sheet and some silicone cups like these. You don’t need the silicone cups, they’ll just make everything a bit easier. Alternatively you could use a mini cupcake pan or even a regular pan if you don’t want “bites”.
Add your mix into your silicone cups, level them off, and choose your low carb cheeseburger bites toppings! I like using some bacon bits (mentioned above) but use whatever fits your macros!
Low Carb Cheeseburger Bites
- Add in or on top more chopped vegetables
- Use your favorite herbs, seasonings, and/or spices
- Mix and match your cheeses
- Scale the recipe below to make enough for the whole week
Put your bites into the oven on 400F/204C for around 13 minutes.
Top them with 1/3 cup of your favorite cheese and continue cooking them on 400F/204C for another 12 minutes or until your cheese has melted.
Remove your low carb cheeseburger bites from the oven, drizzle on some ketchup or hot sauce, and devour!
Looking for dessert? How about some Protein Cheesecake!?
Low Carb Cheeseburger Bites
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Turkey, Chicken, etc 93/7
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Teaspoons Mustard
- ⅔ Cup Cheese - Reduced Fat (Whatever kind you prefer)
- ¼ Cup White Onion - or Any Other Onion *Optional
- 2 Tablespoons Bacon Bits - *Optional
- Chop up your White Onion and add all of your ingredients aside from your Bacon Bits and ⅓ Cup Cheese into a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Take out some silicone cups or a muffin pan and evenly distribute your mix into them/it
- Top each one with some Bacon Bits while pressing them into your mix
- Bake on 400F/204C for 13 minutes
- Sprinkle on your ⅓ Cup Cheese
- Bake for another 12 minutes
- Calories: 1070
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 940mg
- Carbs: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 121g
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Sodium: 117.5mg
- Carbs: 3.1g
- Fiber: .5g
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Protein: 15.1g
I am gonna make these cheeseburger bites, but all I have on hand is coconut flour. Will it taste the same if I use this instead of almond flour?
Hey Derek love the recipes I can’t even keep count of how many of the protein packed meals I’ve made, and of them have been Delicious!!! I just have to ask where do you get the ingredients from such as the almond flour and those cupcake cups…I can’t seem to find it anywhere???
Hi Ozzy! Thank you for the kind words. Most of my stuff I can find local (even at places like Walmart) but a lot of the time I just order directly from Amazon!