Are you ready to spice up your life with this quick and high protein meal prep recipe? These Sriracha Ranch Tuna Cups made using canned tuna take just a couple minutes to prep and are packed with diet friendly macros!
For this recipe you’ll need a large mixing bowl, something to mix ingredients together with, a baking pan or baking cups, and an oven.
Add right into your bowl 2 5 ounce cans of drained tuna, 1 large whole egg, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons of fat free ranch dressing, 4 teaspoons of chili sauce, 8 tablespoons of wheat germ, 1/4 cup of reduced fat cheddar cheese, and a couple chopped up slices of a white onion.
Did you know that wheat germ is a great healthy substitute for bread crumbs in most recipes?
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything for your Sriracha ranch tuna cups is well incorporated.
Take out your pan or cups and coat them with some non-stick cooking spray. Remember that the size pan or cups you use can change your cooking time.
Evenly distribute your mix into whatever you’re using and top them with 1/8 cup total of some reduced fat cheddar cheese.
Diet tip? Use whatever ingredients fit your macros! Full fat, reduced fat, fat free, etc.
Put your Sriracha ranch tuna cups into the oven on 350F/176C for around 20 minutes.
Remove them from the oven, let them cool for a bit, and portion them out. After portioning you’ll want to make sure you cover them up and put them into the fridge.
Pro tip? These also taste great cold so you can take them with you anywhere.
Looking for another budget friendly meal prep recipe? Try our Sriracha Tuna Chili recipe next!
Sriracha Ranch Tuna Cups
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cans Tuna - 10 Ounces
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Dressing - Fat Free
- 4 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - Sriracha
- 8 Tablespoons Wheat Germ
- Yellow Onion - Your Choice
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese - Reduced Fat Mild
- ⅛ Cup Cheddar Cheese - Reduced Fat Mild (For Topping)
- Drain your Tuna
- Chop up your Yellow Onion
- Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl aside from your ⅛ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Mix everything together
- Take out 4 small (1 cup) baking dishes and coat them with some non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly distribute your mix into them
- Sprinkle your ⅛ Cup Cheddar Cheese across the tops of them
- Bake on 350F/176C for around 20 minutes
- Calories: 630
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1244mg
- Carbs: 36g
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 18g
- Protein: 81g
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Sodium: 311mg
- Carbs: 9g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 20.2g